4/11/2010

Retrospective cooking blog

If you know me, you know I really enjoy food (but then again, who doesn't). Being the gourmand I am, I am truly fortunate to be living in one of the greatest foodie cities in the world. Recently though, I've been trying to cook a lot; mostly to save some money on eating out, but also to bolster my repertoire of recipes. So here I present a perspective into my life as a fledgling culinarian. [before we start, I would like to acknowledge MDC - my partner in crime in many of my food-related mishaps and misadventures]

Spicy Chicken Soup:


Ika Shogayaki (Ginger Squid):


Shrimp and Avocado Ceviche:


Coconut Macaroons:


Soy-Chili Seared Scallops over Soba Noodles:


Grill Pan Day!!:


Capricho de Cabra y Membrillo over toast with Lambic:



Turkey Brandy Sausage , Onion, and Mushroom Ragout over Tomato Basil Polenta:

Chili-Ginger Radish Snack:


Tapsilog (Tapa + Rice + Fried Egg + Acharra) :


Seared Tuna Salad with Wasabi Vinaigrette:



Ok, well that should give you a little taste of what I've been cooking (and eating!). By no means is this comprehensive. I'll post future experiments. In the mean time, get in the kitchen! Let me know if you want any of the recipes and if you have any ones I should try.



1 comment:

naicova said...

I think that you should add BITTER MELON to this list.... :)