Bought a lot of veggies for this week to make classic lite, summery fare for dinner. Tomatoes, avocados, red onions, spinach with some sardines. Pretty tasty. The only problem with buying in bulk is...
...that you have to eat the same stuff all week. Breakfast. Looks eerily similar to dinner. You guessed it: tomato, spinach, red onion, avocado. Changing the protein to eggs and throwing in some blueberries helped tricking me into thinking I was eating something different.
Brent's contribution (and legacy) to the daily grind.
Speaking of Brent, went to eat at a local sushi place on his last night here. Found a gem in the neighborhood! 19 pieces of sashimi + rice + salad/soup for $20! Sounds dubiously sketchy. But the fish is totally legit; very good quality. Also, its BYOB. Could you want more from your local sushi spot? I think not.
So it was my first week on call on the new job. Got called into a case uptown. Took a walk across the quad at Columbia University afterwards. There was a latin dance club having a karaoke competition. It was pretty sweet.
I like finding new ways in and out of the building. I unfortunately set off the fire alarm with this one. Oops...
The week went by quickly and, before I knew it, I was on my first weekend call. Still, didn't stop me from getting out there and playing for a couple hours. Came to East River Park for pickup. It's always nice playing with new people. I went with my friend and we joined a 4v4 game. Pretty fun, ended up playing for about 45 minutes. Then we took a break, some people left, some stayed. I, having not been called yet, decided to stay for another game, as a second friend had just come out to play. So started a new game with some characters who were, unfortunately, not as, lets say, "seasoned" as the prior group. Started up, I scored a goal within the first 6 minutes and was feeling pretty good. That was until this spastic kid I was defending launched a ball full force at my face, knocking out my contact and temporarily blinding me. I go to sit out and, of course, my pager goes off!!!
Not a happy camper. Luckily, the call was just a "heads up" about a case which might be coming in (which thankfully never did!). I eventually regained my vision and shook the whole thing off. Went and had a ginger smoothie and just relaxed the rest of the night.
Came across this pretty sweet FIAT 1600 for sale in my neighborhood. Talked to the seller for a bit. Was considering trading him for my truck until my father reminded me that FIAT is an acronym for "fix it again Tony!."
Just drove to work Sunday, as free parking is ample on the weekends. Always fun driving around the city.
Planned to cook the 4lb Brisket that has been sitting in my freezer for a while so stopped by the grocery store on the way back.
It is sweet!!
Ooohh. Brisket goodness!! I'ld like to thank Ashley for hooking me up with the recipe for the brisket, amazing. Very simple to make, just needs 6 hours in the oven. It was awesome!!(let me know if you want the recipe).
Had to take a stroll after eating the brisket. Just came down to the park and messed around with the big camera.
Ok back to work!!






No comments:
Post a Comment