Those who know me can attest to the fact that I'm a huge audiophile. I love it all! The energizing rhythm of a Baganda beat, the somber wail of an Argentine bandoneón, the blues guitar solo - I am constantly in awe of how perfectly music reflects the human soul. A great deal of my free time is spent (some say wasted) on checking out new bands/listening to new music. It seems selfish to keep all this great music to myself, so in the post (perhaps the start of a new series) I aim to share the fruits of my "labor." I'm starting with a few albums that I have been listening to recently. Most are in the rock/indie genre (I'll break into the more eclectic stuff in the future). Add them to your musical rolodex and let me know what you think.
1. Brothers by The Black Keys
2. Stuck on Nothing by Free Energy
3. Soft Targets by Earl Greyhound
4. Astro Coast by Surfer Blood
5. Grand by Matt & Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment